Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday

D.I.Y. Heart Shaped Marshmallow Fudge


Seeing as how I'm human, I obviously love fudge! And it's kind of an ambition of mine to find 'the perfect fudge recipe'. I usually use the easy one with condensed milk but when I found this recipe I knew I had to give it a try. The recipe is made using a whole jar of marshmallow fluff! In case you've never heard of marshmallow fluff it's basically like liquid marshmallow in a jar, it's amazing! The recipe turned out great, it's super sweet, fluffy and yummy. I'm not sure if it's the perfect recipe but it's still pretty great. 

I made the fudge for my friends birthday and thought I would have a go at making heart shaped fudge! It turned out great and shaping fudge with cookie cutters is a really fun idea! If you do decide to give it a go, leave a comment to tell me how it goes! 

The fudge recipe is originally from one of my favourite food blogs Jamie Cooks It Up! and you can find it here. But I've 'translated' it here for English people who use grams instead of cups! Good Luck :)

Ingredients:


- 728 grams of sugar
- 1 full size can of evaporated milk
- 226 grams of butter
- 124g of chocolate bars (I used Dairy Milk)
- 340g of chocolate chips
- 1 jar of Marshmallow Cream (it's called fluff and is available at all American food stores)


Method:


1. Put the sugar, milk and butter into a large sauce pan (the mixture fluffs up loads so use a really big one!)

2. Stir it all together over medium heat and bring it to a boil while you stir. Continue stirring until the mixture has reached a 'hard boil' (this is when the mixture keeps boiling, even while you are stirring) continue cooking and stirring for 5 minutes.

3. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chocolate bars, chocolate chips and the whole jar of marshmallow cream. Quickly mix all the ingredients together until they are well combined.


4. Pour the fudge into a buttered pan, making sure it's not too thick.


5. Let the fudge set and cool out of the fridge and after it has cooled down wrap up the whole pan and put it in the fridge. Mine was so gooey I ended up having to put it in the freezer but I was in a bit of a hurry!

Once you are 100% sure the fudge is set take it out of the pan. Using a small heart shaped cookie cutter, cut little hearts out of the fudge. I did mine about half hearts and half squares. The fun things about making the hearts is eating the scraps from the edges!


I gave all the heart shaped ones to my friend for her birthday and then I put the square shaped ones in a little bowl by our door! 




Happy Monday! Have a great week :)

Love Scarlett, xxx

7 comments:

  1. And now I know what I'm going to make to welcome my little girl home from her school residential trip - she will love it, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely recipe and blog! I'm a blogger to of 14 years! I think the knit relief auction is great and I'm making an embroidered patchwork cushion for it! I've been reading your blog and you sound so much like me! I live in London and also have stayed up to 3 in the morning baking! I'm not that good at knitting but I love sewing and I like nothing more than crafting! I think what you are doing is great and I would love to keep in contact.
    Just incase you want to know my blog is www.theyellowbuttercup.blogspot.com,
    from a teen blogger! {Becky} x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog - was directed here by Cherry Menlove.

    I'm a teen granny too but I'm practically middle aged now! :-) Going to try this fudge recipe - thanks for converting to 'proper' measures! I get confused with cups as measures.

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog and that fudge looks so awesome. I wish I could reach into the screen and take one!

    I tagged you for the 11 questions challenge. Tag you're it!

    http://hayleyinblogland.blogspot.com/2012/03/ive-been-tagged.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Scarlet,
    I just found your blog through Cherry Menlove's and I just fell in love with it.
    That is really beautiful that you knit, back and do crafts. I used to love doing things like that too when I was your age and always was called a "granny". :) I wish back in the time we had internet so I coudl have a blog dedicated to what I loved to do.
    Keep up the good work. You are doing awesomely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget fruit and veg. Marshmallow fluff needs to be made into an official food group.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they sell fluff in asdas now. theres a really yum recipe for frosting in the patrick cox cake book using it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...