Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday

A Mothers Day Tea Party


As you can imagine, Mothers Day is a big deal in our house and we've been spoiling my mum like crazy all morning. The day began by bringing my mum breakfast in bed. I made homemade granola as a present and she had that for breakfast which was fun. I also made her a bouquet of fabric flowers which I will post pictures of later. After breakfast me and my mum went for manicures and pedicures which was LOVELY and I got blue on my nails and sparkly blue on my toes. I pretty much always have blue nails. After manicures my mum and my brothers went to Kew gardens and I went home to prepare tea! As every good tea party needs a theme I chose to make everything in this one red! As I write this my mum isn't home yet so I don't know if she's going to like it yet but I though I would share what I made to help people all over the world spoil their mum's too.


I don't know about you but my mum loves anything fresh and low fat so when I was thinking of what I could make her for tea I knew these strawberry's were the perfect thing! 

Cheesecake Strawberry's - (recipe adapted from SugarDerby)

You will need:
- 226 grams of low fat cream cheese.
- 20 strawberry's.
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 10 digestive biscuits

Step One: Chop the heads of your strawberry's and hollow them out using a sharp, small knife.




Step Two: Mix together the cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla in a big bowl until they are well combined. 



Step Four: Put the cream cheese mixture into a piping bag and fill the strawberry's with it. (I forgot to take pictures of this stage)

Step Five: Crush up the digestive biscuits, some people us a freezer bag and a rolling pin but I prefer to use a pestle when I'm only crushing a few biscuits. 


Step Six: Dip the strawberries in the crushed biscuits. 


Step Seven: ENJOY YOUR LOVELY STRAWBERRY'S!


I've never made flavoured water before and I couldn't BELIEVE how easy it was! It's so much fun and I think I might make it every day. 

Flavoured Water - (recipe from Jamie Oliver) 

You will need:
- water
- ice
- strawberry's

Step One: Crush up the strawberry's using a pestle or a fork


Step Two: Half fill your jug with ice.


Step Three: Add your strawberry mixture to the ice and then fill with water.


Step Five: Enjoy your lovely water!


I hope these recipes have been helpful and please leave a comment if you decide to make them!

Happy Mothers Day :)

Scarlett x




9 comments:

  1. I made my mum biscuits, but I'm definitely going to give those strawberries a go!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum. you truly are a lovely daughter. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scarlett, these strawberries look fab. What a brill idea. And the blue nails make a great contrast ! Off to the shops now to give them a go. Thanks x PS - can't believe how much my american cushion flag is going for on the knit relief auction !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally believe it! It's such an amazing cushion :)

      Delete
  4. Your day sounds lovely, I wish I had thought of a manicure/pedicure! The strawberrys looks delicious and such a great idea. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :) manicures was sneaky because I got to enjoy it too...

      Delete
  5. Wow what an amazing idea!!Those Strawbs are fab. You are rocking the blue nails by the way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...