Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday

Make it yourself... Heart Shaped Crayons

I'm very excited to blog my first how too! I feel a bit cheeky doing this one as I actually found pictures of these online and that's what inspired me to make them myself. However they are so fun and easy I couldn't resist sharing them.



Supplies:


1. A lot of crayons in all different colours.
2. A silicone mould that can be put in the oven. I used some heart shaped silicone cup cake cases but have a look around as there are a lot of different shapes out there. If you can't find anything you could always use some silicone re-usable cupcake cases and make circle shaped crayons.
3. A sharp knife.
4. An oven (pre heated to 110 degrees Celsius)
5. A chopping board.

Step One - Chop your crayons into small chunks (about 5 per crayon)


Step Two - Fill your moulds with the chopped up crayons. You can use as many or as few chunks of crayon as you like, depending on how thick you want your crayon.



Step Three - Put the moulds on a baking tray and place in the oven for 15 minuites or until the tops of the crayons become flat.

Step Four - Carefully remove the tray from the oven. Remember at this point the crayon is still liquid so be careful not to spill.

Step Five - Watch some TV while waiting for the crayons to cool, preferably Greys Anatomy or Friends.


Step Six - When you are sure the crayons have cooled and hardened pop them out the mould and draw a beautiful picture. It might take a while to find the right angle but once you do it's very fun!



Good luck! And please comment if you decide to make them.



Love Scarlett.

2 comments:

  1. I made them! Thanks for the tutorial, it was really useful :D

    I posted pictures of them at my blog here: http://amigurumiisland.wordpress.com/2011/10/11/melted-crayons/

    And I also mentioned teen granny here: http://amigurumiisland.wordpress.com/2011/10/09/shout-out-teenage-granny-and-planet-june/

    Sorry I'm not sure how to make links :S Thanks again for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so sweet and your blogs are so lovely i can't believe it! thank you so so so much!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...