Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday

Smores Rocky Road Recipe


I know this might sound wierd to some people but for the first 13 years of my life I had no idea what smores were. I would hear people talking about making smores and had absolutely no idea what they were. Then on a camping trip I had my first ever smore and everything changed. Okay, to be honest not that much changed. But it was very yummy. For anyone else who's still in the smores dark, smores are basically a sandwich of biscuit, chocolate and marshmallow which you can melt together while camping to make one lovely gooey chocolaty yummy thing. 

This rocky road recipe combines all the loveliness of smores, plus toasted almonds. Using marshmallow fluff instead of actual marshmallows means it stays soft and gooey in the middle even after you put it in the fridge! 

Ingredients: 
- 8 graham crackers (or if you cannot find them, good old digestive biscuits will do fine)
- 1 1/2 cups of almonds, toasted and chopped. (to find out how to toast almonds, click here, it's v easy!)
- 1 cup of marshmallow creme, (I used fluff
- 340g of chocolate chips. 
- 1 can of condensed milk. 



Step One: Preheat the oven to 190C. Line a 9x13inch baking tray with baking paper. Then line the tray with the graham crackers. Bake for about 8 minutes until biscuits are lightly toasted. 
Step Two: Roughly crush the biscuits into large crumbs and then toss with the almonds in the bottom of the tray. 


Step Three: Dollop the marshmallow creme on top of the biscuits. 
Step Four: In a heatproof bowl set over a pan of boiling water, melt the chocolate and condensed milk, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. 


Step Five: Pour the mixture over the marshmallow creme and use a knife to swirl the mixture with the creme and the biscuits and the almonds. 


Step Six: Refrigerate until set (about 2 hour) and then cut into small pieces. 


You should end up with a lovely chocolaty marshmallow mixture over a bed of crushed biscuits and almonds.

Happy Monday! I have parents evening tonight, SCARY! 

Love Scarlett x. 



4 comments:

  1. Looks DELICIOUS!!! Deffinitely going to try it! Good luck for parents evening... Hopefully you will survive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! That was like me until last year when I went camping in the wild wests of Kerry (in Ireland for non Irish peoples). I was like what on earth is "sumore" ... hehe. I'd only ever heard of it on American tv shows.
    Now I make them a lot in my microwave because I hate camping!
    Will definitely try this recipe. Looks delish!
    Marian :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! They look very rich in texture and flavor! A very intense sugar rush is sure to be had! As well as a tall glass of milk. Haha!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...