Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday

5 Minute Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe


Lately I've definitely been favouring easy recipes and after the banana ice cream recipe this fudge is definitely the easiest thing I've ever baked! I don't think you can even really call it baking as all it includes is microwaving and stirring! While we were in Cornwall I got it into my head that I needed to make some fudge while we were there (it was either fudge or pastys). I chose a traditional fudge recipe and set about boiling and stirring. Although it felt like I was boiling and stirring and stirring and boiling for HOURS - the fudge still didn't set. It was very sad. 

However in my sadness I stumbled across this recipe and I'm pretty sure I have never tried yummier fudge in my life! And it only takes 5 minutes. It is quite literally a miracle!

5 Minute Peanut Butter Fudge Recipe - (originally from Joy of Baking)

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of smooth peanut butter (240ml) 
- 230g of slightly salted butter (1 cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 450g icing sugar (4 cups)

Step One: Strangely, the hardest part of this recipe is lining the tin! The fudge is very squidgy and formed by the time you put it in the tin so you have to make sure your lining is well stuck down. You can use greaseproof paper or tin foil and the recipe recommends an 8x8inch tin. I lined my tin with butter before greaseproof paper to make sure the paper wouldn't move around when I put the fudge in. 
Step Two: Place the peanut butter, butter and salt in a large microwaveable bowl. Microwave for two minutes on high then stir until the ingredients are combined. Continue to microwave and stir until all the ingredients are melted. 
Step Three: Stir in the vanilla extract and icing sugar until all ingredients are combined.
Step Four: Spread the fudge into the prepared tin and use a spatula to smooth the top over.
Step Five: Place in the fridge and chill for at least two hours (but the longer you keep it in the harder it will be)
Step Six: Enjoy your DELICIOUS fudge. 


Even if you've never made fudge before, or even if you've never baked before, I would seriously recommend trying this recipe, it's fun, quick, easy and I promise you that you will never be more popular than after bringing out a bowl of this fudge. 

Happy Saturday! 
Love Scarlett. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, anything with peanut butter in is a winner for me! Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to see you back - that image of those little pencil biscuits is just gorgeous.

    I've always been daunted by fudge in the same way as I'm daunted by caramel- and jam-making because of scary hot sugar (& possible burnt arms) but this looks easy and brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally I'm not a big fan of peanut butter. However this recipee looks great....I wonder if I could sub in something else? I've gotta say I do love you cooking posts. I'm looking forward to lots more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm, just made some of this fudge this afternoon...it's so good especially with crunchy Peanut butter. Thanks TG!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made this... and drizzled melted plain chocolate on top. You're right, it is totally divine, and super easy! Thanks for sharing..
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made this with crunchy peanut butter and it was gorgeous! So much so that I had to take it to my MacMillan Coffee Morning at work where it went down very well. I had lots of lovely compliments on it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...