Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday

The Perfect Chocolate Chip - White Chocolate and Cranberry



Well, I’m officialy back at school! Which is weird and a little scary but hopefully will be very good in the end! On my second day back my new form teacher announced something called ‘form baking’ which is where our whole form takes turns baking things for our weekly form period. I was, of course, very excited by this idea and immediately offered to bake for our first form period! Form period is on Tuesday and I’ve decided to bake chocolate chip biscuits in an attempt to bake my way to some new friends!

Finding the perfect chocolate chip biscuit recipe is definitely a challenge as there are SO many different kinds. But after lots of searching I think I may have found my perfect recipe. If you’ve ever had Millie’s Cookies  before these biscuits come out pretty similar to them and are VERY yummy. I have three different chocolate chip recipes to share over the next few posts and here is the first and my personal favourite – white chocolate and cranberry! Enjoy.


White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookie - adapted from All Recipes

Ingredients:
- 226 grams of butter (1 cup)
- 1 cup of caster sugar
- 1 cup of light brown soft sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups of plain flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda (or bicarbonate of soda)
- 2 teaspoons of hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of white chocolate chips
- 1 cup of dried cranberry's 

Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 175 degrees C (350 degrees F)
2. Cream together the butter caster sugar and light brown soft sugar.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time then add the vanilla extract.
4. Dissolve the baking soda in the hot water and add to the mixture along with the salt.
5. Stir in the flour then gradually add the chocolate chips and cranberry's.
6. Drop spoonfull's onto an ungreased baking tray making sure to space them far apart (they really spread out!)
7. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges turn golden brown.

Love Scarlett.






5 comments:

  1. these look great - really similar to some I cooked on my blog a while back but you use hot water and more sugar. I will def have to try these out and see the difference.

    Anything with more sigar in is normally great in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds delightful! I wish our school did 'form baking' it sounds like a great way to meet other people. We have to have permission just to bring a Birthday cake in! I will be putting this in my recipee pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a nice idea. Hope all goes well.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm making this recipe for the second week in a row, the first week I brought them to work and my coworkers thought I was a goddess.

    This batch I'm eating and not sharing. This recipe is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...