Recipe for Rice Krispie Nests.
WARNING: Once you have mixed the rice krispies and marshmallows the mixture turns SUPER sticky! Imagine chewing gum mixed with glue and thats pretty much what you get.
These Nests are perfect for easter and so quick and easy. I personally prefer fridge cakes and things you dont have to make so these were so much fun and you can decorate each one indivudaly and fill them with whatever you want.
I found the recipe on the Rice Krispie website and made a few changes. Good Luck!
- 45g of Butter.
- 40 big marshmallows (I prefer the Haribo pink and white ones)
- 4 cups of mini marshmallows.
- 6 cups of rice krispies.
- lots of sweets, mini eggs, mini marshmallows and decorations.
1. Melt the butter in a big saucepan over a low heat until just melted. Slowly add the marshmallows and heat slowly until all the marshmallows have melted into a big pink goo. At first it will look like the marshmallows and melted butter are not mixing but if you stir it with a wooden spoon it should all come together pretty quickly.
2. Once the mixture has melted turn off the heat and slowly add the rice krispies, using a wooden spoon to mix them together.At first the mixture will be so sticky it will make you want to scream but if you wait a little bit for it too cool down it should be a little easier to handle.
3. When the mixture has cooled a little bit and is feeling a little less sticky spoon a large teaspoon of the mixture into a cupcake tray and using your fingers mould into a nest shape. You can also just pour all the mixture into a square baking tray to make rice krispie squares instead.
4. Add any chocolates or sprinkles and pop everything into the fridge.
5. Do some knitting while you wait for them to be done.
6. Take them out of the fridge and fill the nests with mini eggs and cut the baking tray into little squares.
Sorry if its a little confusing, I'm not very good at writing recipes out yet but I hope it makes sense and that you enjoy your yummy cakes.